It’s hard to believe I’ve kept this blog going for a full year. It’s made up of many old blogs combined, but this is the first one I’ve kept alive for more than a few months. I thought it’d be fun to go back to one of my first posts on this blog (which is indistinguishable from the ones before it, because of blog mergers), and re-write it for 2013. Thus, below are my January Goals for 2013, based off of my January Goals in 2012.
- Do 20 push-ups: while my goal in 2012 was to do 10, I think I can push that further. I can do about 3×8 right now, so I think working up to 20 in one set is realistic.
- Exercise 6 days a week: I’ve been studying for the GREs like a madwoman this month, and exercise has really fallen by the wayside. It’s just not a priority. I’m still getting in 4-5 workouts a week, but it’ll be nice to make training a focus again in January.
- Run at least 20 miles per week: Since running has been neglected lately, I’d like to enter my first month of marathon training with some solid weekly mileage goals. 20 miles a week will, I hope, give me a good base to work with through April.
- Swim once a week: Yes, that’s right. Swim. Me. I know. But I got back in the pool the other day (for the.. 2nd? 3rd? time in 4 months) and it was actually really enjoyable. I know swimming is great cross-training, so I want to fit it into marathon training.
- Lift twice a week: Lifting needs to remain a priority in my training, even if sessions are only 30 minutes long. This is one thing I wish I had done differently when training for CIM, and I want to get it right this time.
That’s pretty much it! Yes, they are all fitness related. But that’s the point of this blog, right? Plus, I want to get back on track in the gym and on the road. It’ll be nice to spend a month focusing on fitness again.
What are your upcoming goals, resolutions, etc.?